The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) is looking for a talented, innovative, proactive and a motivated individual with excellent analytical, written and digital communications skills to join our team as a Programme Officer – Communications.
The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) is a regional independent non-governmental organization. It is the biggest and most influential media development and freedom of expression advocacy organisation in West Africa with national partner organisations in all the 16 countries of the region. The MFWA is also the Secretariat of the continental network of the most prominent free expression and media development organisations in Africa, known as the Africa Freedom of Expression Exchange (AFEX) Network.
Key Responsibilities of the Position
The role requires a strong background in producing, editing and delivering high quality written and multi-media content on tight deadlines, with an exceptional ability to multitask. The right candidate is an outstanding, innovative content developer with exceptional creativity and analytical competence. The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Conducting regular analysis and producing reports on projects and activities being implemented for effective outreach and visibility;
- Leading the process of gathering, analysing, producing, editing and distributing multi-media content on our programmes/projects, our learnings and the impact stories from our work;
- Generating and discussing content ideas with programme staff, and editing content produced by programme staff;
- Liaising with programme staff to produce the organisation’s quarterly newsletter;
- Leading in the production of the organisation’s annual reports;
- Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences or Arts
- At least five years post-qualification experience as an editor with a reputable media organisation (online or print), as a journalist with proven track-record of writing and publishing, or as a development communication professional with a track record of producing quality content in the field of development.
- Excellent editing skills with the exceptional ability to reduce complex text and material into easy-to-read or listen, engaging content.
- Experience working with NGOs and/or mainstream media will be a great asset.
- Ability to communicate in both English and French will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Comms Officer as the subject of your email. Deadline for applications is Thursday February 28, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.