AGEPI is the springboard for the establishment of the rule of law, democracy and press freedom in Guinea. Its objectives are to:
- Defend and promote the freedom of the press and the economic independence of newspapers as an essential condition of this freedom;
- Develop the edition of the written press in Guinea;
- Defend the profession of press publisher as well as the material, moral and financial interests of its members;
- Help newspaper publishers assert their presence in the field by offering quality and competitive products;
- Strengthen the capacity of independent publishers to develop responsible editorial policies;
- Look for ways and means to train journalists and technicians in the sector;
- Promote better distribution of newspapers published by member press organisations.