The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) is seeking an experienced, proactive and motivated individual to occupy the position of Finance Officer.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge and experience in effective financing and accounting management principles, especially in the NGO sector. The candidate must also have a working knowledge of project budgeting, project financial reporting, and financial bid analysis. The candidate must also possess analytical thinking, good communication skills and process-oriented thinking skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will provide support to the Finance Manager in the implementation of financial management and accounting best practices. The Finance Officer will also liaise with the programme team members to develop budgets, prepare financial reports, monitor financial transactions, analyse financial bids and advise based on best practices.
The specific duties of the Project Finance Officer shall include
- Overseeing the financial operations of projects and ensuring reports are accurate, timely and compliant with financial management best practices
- Preparing, managing and analysing financial budgets of projects
- Writing comprehensive financial reports for projects and making recommendations to programme team members
- Providing financial inputs for project designs, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Support in the preparation of accounts for the financial audits
- Manage engagements, transactions and relationships with financial sector stakeholders, including statutory financial institutions
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Finance Manager
Educational qualifications: A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, financial management or related field. Professional certification in accounting will be an added advantage.
Experience: At least three (3) years of working experience in a recognised institution, preferably in the NGO sector.
Contract Terms: One year, with possibility of renewal.
How to Apply
Potential candidate should submit a cover letter and CV with contact information of at least two references to the email, applications[@]mfwa.org, using the subject “Application for Finance Officer.”
Applications must be received by close of day Friday, August 11, 2023. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the MFWA
The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) is a regional independent non-governmental organisation. It is a media development and freedom of expression advocacy organisation that works to empower voices for public good. It works with national partner organisations in all 16 countries in the region. Read more about us here or visit our social media handles: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Instagram, TikTok and YouTube.