The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) is seeking an excellent, experienced candidate for the Position of Programme Officer in its Media, Democracy and Development Programme. The ideal candidate must have a good knowledge of the media environment in West Africa and ways of supporting the media to contribute towards good governance, democracy and sustainable development in West Africa. The candidate must also have a fair knowledge and experience in analytical report writing; results-oriented project planning, implementation and reporting.
The Candidate must excel in his or her abilities to:
- Write high quality analytical reports on key issues of development, trends in media development, and challenges and prospects of media development within the West Africa region
- Propose and develop programme ideas and concept notes
- Plan and implement media development and media for development initiatives
- Plan and implement approved projects focusing on promoting investigative journalism
- Support fundraising, visibility and outreach work of the organisation
Education: An advanced (Masters) degree in international relations, law, social science, media studies or a related field is required.
Experience: Candidates should have at least four years experience in programme or project management; project evaluation; or research. Experience in the NGO sector is a distinct advantage. A track record of strong writing skills, analysis and report writing will be an additional advantage.
How to Apply and Timelines
Please submit a cover letter and CV with contact information of at least two references to info[@]mfwa.org using “Application for Programme Officer M&D” as the subject of your email.
Deadline: Applications must be received by close of day on Friday July 13, 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.