The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) is seeking an experienced, proactive and motivated individual to occupy the position of Project Finance Officer.
The MFWA is implementing a project aimed at enhancing citizens’ access to information and participation in local governance in selected districts in Ghana. The project also seeks to increase the local authorities’ responsiveness to local development issues/concerns raised by citizens.
The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) is a regional independent non-governmental organization. It is the biggest and most influential media development and freedom of expression advocacy organisation in West Africa with national partner organisations in all the 16 countries of the region. The MFWA is also the Secretariat of the continental network of the most prominent free expression and media development organisations in Africa, known as the Africa Freedom of Expression Exchange (AFEX) Network.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Finance Officer will support the implementation of a project in selected districts in Ghana. The candidate will work directly under the supervision of the Finance Manager of the Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) and provide effective financial and accounting support.
The candidate is expected to manage the project finances and report appropriately on its activities. This include liaising with the Programme team to develop budgets, prepare financial reports, monitor financial transactions, analyse financial bids and advise the team based on best practices in financial management and accounting. The candidate must possess analytical thinking, good communication skills and process-oriented thinking skills.
The role of the Project Finance Officer shall include
- Overseeing the financial operations of projects and ensuring reports are accurate, timely and compliant with financial management best practices;
- Writing comprehensive financial reports for projects and making recommendations to the Programme team;
- Preparing, managing and analysing financial budgets of the project;
- Providing financial inputs for project activity designing, implementation, monitoring and reporting;
- Overseeing the financial audits of project accounts.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, financial management or related field.
- At least three (3) years working experience in a recognised institution.
How to Apply
Potential candidate should submit a cover letter and CV with contact information of at least two references to the email recruitments[@]mfwa.org with the subject “Application for Project Finance Officer”
Applications must be received by close of day Friday, August 30, 2019. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.