The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) is seeking an excellent, experienced candidate for the Position of Programme Officer in its Media, Democracy and Development Programme. The ideal candidate must have a good knowledge of the media environment in West Africa and ways of supporting the media to contribute towards good governance, democracy and sustainable development in West Africa. The candidate must also have a fair knowledge and experience in results-oriented project planning, implementation and reporting.
The Candidate must excel in his or her abilities to:
- Write high quality analytical reports on trends in media development, challenges and prospects within the West Africa region
- Plan and implement approved media training programmes to help improve professional journalism and the media’s role in development
- Plan and implement approved projects focusing in promoting investigative journalism
- Co-ordinate the organisation’s Media and SDGs interventions
- Propose and develop programme ideas as well as programme concept notes
- Support fundraising, visibility and outreach work of the organisation and the Media and Development Programme
- Effectively represent and articulate the position of the organisation on external platforms and during media interviews when designated to do so.
Education: An advanced (Masters) degree in journalism, international relations, law, social science, or a related field is required.
Experience: Candidates should have at least four years’ experience in programme or project management, capacity building programmes, research and report writing. Experience in the NGO sector is a distinct advantage. A track record of strong writing skills, analysis and report writing will be an additional advantage.
How to Apply and Timelines
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Application for Programme Officer M&D” as the subject of your email.
Deadline: Applications must be received by close of day on Friday June 10, 2016. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in Mid-June. The selected candidate will be expected to start work from Monday July 4, 2016.