The International Press Center (IPC), Lagos requires the services of media monitors. The monitors are to be engaged under component 4b- Support to Media of the project titled: EU Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN) being implemented by IPC for a 52-month period.
The monitors will however monitor ten newspapers and two online media over a 24-month period between 2018 and 2020.
The monitoring activity would help to provide scientific and evidence backed information on media performance in the coverage of electoral processes and the 2019 elections. The outcomes shall also be used to engage journalists and media gatekeepers on the need to adhere to professional and ethical standards.
- A minimum of a University Degree or Higher National Diploma in any discipline. Previous experience in media monitoring will be an added advantage.
- Interest in and understanding of news and media reports
- Good understanding of governance, political and electoral issues
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Proficiency is use of MS Word and Excel
- Proficiency in English language (speaking & writing)
- Experience with a wide array of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Interested candidates should kindly send a copy of their CV with a cover letter to: [email protected] on/before Monday, January 22, 2018.
The applications shall be reviewed and successful applicants will be contacted.